Last year this time I shared a blog about March Madness, and how word of mouth marketing is similar to basketball… on your team you need superstars & your starting 5, bench players and a coach. Hopefully you have your team already picked out (if not, maybe you want to go check out that blog).
Now that you have your team of players, what do you need to do to get them WINNING?
1st they are going to need a play book, filled with the moves you want them to use to win.
What is some of the information you might want to include in your play book?
- What is a good prospect for you? (and perhaps who is not)
- What are the triggers your TEAM needs to be looking & listening for on your behalf?
- How do they start a conversation on your behalf once they see or hear the trigger?
- How do they overcome the objection, if given?
- What’s the best way to get the referral to you?
- How can they help you close the referral?
Once you have gotten your play book together, the next step is going to be to PRACTICE!
While it’s great to know the information above is available to you, your team is going to need to be able to use the material. As Dr. Ivan Misner shares, perfect practice makes perfect.
Just as a championship team would practice the skills they need, and have a scrimmage where they use the plays as they would in a real game; perhaps it would be beneficial to schedule a ‘practice’ with your TEAM so you could role play through some scenarios.
Do you have a playbook for your business? What’s in it?
How often do you want to hold practices, and what will you practice?